This system allows for a certified provider to remodel an individual’s damaged nails affected by fungus, defects or trauma. The composite resin creates a flexible, but durable, non-porous nail that allows the remaining natural nail to grow. The KeryFlex nail is an immediate cosmetic improvement providing a natural-looking nail. It is unaffected by acetone, nail polishes or detergents.
Dr. Tehrani does not recommend KeryFlex Nail Restoration on individuals with peripheral vascular disease, arterial insufficiency, peripheral neuropathy, suspicious pigmented lesions on the nail or in-grown toenails. It should be avoided in patients who are pregnant, nursing or known to be sensitive or allergic to any of its ingredients. Call 323-THE-FOOT today to book your appointment!
KeryFlex-Nail Restoration System Before and Afters Photos:
Ideal Candidates for KeryFlex-Nail Restoration System:
● Nail shape changes due to injury
● Spoon-shaped nails
● Brittle and splitting nails
● Split nails
● Horizontal ridges
Benefits of KeryFlex System:
● Does not irritate the skin.
● Only sticks to the existing toenail.
● Will not bond to skin, allowing for a natural edge to be fabricated.
● Allows patients to use antimicrobial solutions to treat fungal infections.
● Provides for cosmetically pleasing toenails.
● It is durable, flexible and moves with the foot.
● Unaffected by acetone, nail polish, detergents.
● Providing immediate cosmetic improvement during Laser treatment for Onychomycosis.
How Much Does KeryFlex Cost?
The cost is dependent on the number of toenails you needed to be restored. The first toenail is $150, and each additional nail is $15 during the same session. Refer a friend and receive 75% off your next Keryflex procedure!
How long does it take to apply KeryFlex?
● On average, Dr. Tehrani and his assistants can complete the application of KeryFlex system, in 10-15 minutes for the one toenail and additional 10 minutes for each additional toenail.
Can patients use nail polish and nail polish remover on a KeryFlex nail?
● Yes, patients can use nail polish and nail polish remover on a KeryFlex nail.
What if you want to have a KeryFlex nail removed?
● If the patient wants to have the nail removed, the podiatrist can dremel the artificial nail until it is no longer attached to the natural nail.
After KeryFlex is applied, how soon must the patient return for another application?
● The interval between applications will vary, but in general, the time between applications is six to eight weeks.
Is KeryFlex a treatment for onychomycosis and related nail disorders?
● KeryFlex is NOT a treatment for onychomycosis or related nail disorders. KeryFlex is designed for use as a cosmetic to make a patient’s nail appear more attractive. Dr. Tehrani recommends treating toenail fungus with medical-grade creams and gels during your KeryFlex treatment.
Have any adverse events of side effects been reported with KeryFlex use?
● The manufacturer of KeryFlex, Wilde GmBH, has not reported any adverse events with the use of KeryFlex according to the manufacturer’s directions.