It’s nothing to be embarrassed by, but it is something that should definitely be treated. Toenail fungus, which affects about 10% of Americans, is more prevalent in older people.
It is characterized by:
- Extremely thick nails
- Crumbling and brittleness
- Distortion in color and shape
- Slight odor
In Dr. Benji’s latest podcast, he gets down to the nitty gritty of toenail fungus, focusing on answering 3 main questions.
- How do we get it?
- How do we treat it?
- How do we keep it from coming back?
You might be surprised to learn some simple preventative measures you can take to ensure this invasive fungus does not call your feet home.
“Fungus grows in warm, moist environments.”
This makes the following individuals more prone to it:
- People who sweat a lot
- People who wear socks all day
- People who don’t dry their feet well enough
- Kids who play multiple sports and are constantly sweating
If you want to learn more about prevention and treatment options, listen to the podcast now: